Individuals with temporomandibular joint disorders, or TMJ, suffer in pain and discomfort during the day. Most often, this condition and the pain you feel all day long is actually caused by your actions at night while you sleep. A proper night guard designed for you is just what you need to protect your mouth and jaw joint from further damage.
What is The POD®?
The Preventive Oral Device® is here to help you treat your symptoms of TMJ or a disorder of the temporomandibular joint and improve your overall quality of life. The POD® is a US and internationally patented night guard worn while sleeping to help protect your teeth and stop tooth damage caused by clenching and grinding. This is the most effective, comfortable, and convenient way to treat painful TMJ-related symptoms.
By having the dental arches discluded, excessive wear of the teeth caused by bruxism is reduced and therefore protecting your TMJ. By utilizing patented Unilateral BiteBlock Technology®, the device can minimize bite forces while making more room for the tongue during sleep. The jaw’s disocclusion reduces muscle tension to alleviate jaw pain, facial pain, headaches, and other painful TMJ symptoms.
Benefits of Wearing The POD®
Here is why you should choose The Preventive Oral Device® to treat your TMJ:
- Custom made for you – This night guard is custom made to fit perfectly and comfortably around your teeth and in your mouth.
- Made from high-quality materials – This night guard is made using well-recognized and the best materials available.
- Allows for comfortable motion – While wearing, you’ll still be able to open and close your mouth thoroughly, as well as talk, drink water, and yawn.
- Warranty – Feel comfortable knowing you have a one-year warranty for the night guard.
- Covered – Many dental insurance plans will cover the costs of this device.
Seek Treatment From a TMJ Specialist in Suffolk County, NY
Dr. Scott Simonetti, a TMJ disorder specialist, is here to help diagnose and put an end to your pain and discomfort caused by a TMJ disorder. Visit our website or give us a call at (631) 277-4848 to learn more about our POD® night guard treatment and how we can help you.